HDCP 2.2 is critical for ensuring protection of Ultra HD content. Working in conjunction with DCP, Simplay Labs has developed products specifically designed to test for HDCP 2.2 compliance and interoperability.
Approved by DCP LLC. as the Authorized Test Tool for Compliance
The SL-8810 High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) 2.2 Interface Independent Adaptation (IIA) Protocol Analyzer tool is designed for testing the HDCP IIA Specification for Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Miracast® source or sink devices.
SL-8810 Key Features
- Supports HDCP 2.2 IIA test for the sink or source devices
- Uses Windows PC GUI application to control testing and firmware updates
- Automatically checks authentication between SL‑8810 and device under testing
- Generates log files for debugging and root cause analysis
- Final test results including failed test logs are included in the summary report
- Displays the output image from the stream cipher for user examination
Advanced Debug Mode
- Ability to change timing parameters for each test case
- Records transactions between transmitter and receiver
- Generates and displays record of each message
- Parses messages according to the specification
- Creates log file with time stamps for troubleshooting
Designed to validate source, sink and repeater devices for HDCP 2.2 compliance
The SL-8800 protocol analyzer is designed to validate source, sink and repeater devices for compliance with the latest High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) 2.2 specification, which supports content owners' requirements to ensure the secure delivery of premium content such as 4K Ultra HD. HDCP is a specification developed by Intel Corporation to protect digital entertainment content across digital interfaces. The protocol analyzer supports Version 2.0 of the HDMI® specification and is upgradable to support the MHL® 3.0 specification by purchasing an SL-8800-M3X hardware and software interface unit.
- Supports HDCP 2.2 sink, source, and repeater devices for HDMI
- Supports HDCP 2.2 sink, source, and dongle devices for MHL
- Support interface between HDMI and MHL
- Monitors the DDC activities and HDCP 2.2 messages
- Automatically checks authentication between SL-8800 and device under test
- Windows PC GUI application with USB connection
- Advanced debug mode helps developers quickly identify root cause
- Views detailed log info by double clicking failed test ID within the summary report
- Displays the final output image from the stream cipher for user examination
- High performance FPGA design allows upgrades to support other specifications
Advanced Debug Mode
- Change numerous timing parameters within each test ID
- View DDC read and write activity between HDCP Tx/Rx
- View and print dumps of each DDC message
- Parse every message according to HDCP 2.2 specification
- Record polling data changes of Rx status register
- Log time stamp of each event to help identify system timing problems
- Size (cm)
- 40.6 x 24.13 x 8.89
- Size (in)
- 16.0 x 9.5 x 3.5
- 3.17 kg; 7.0 Ib
- SL-8800 MHL Adapter (p/n SL-8800-M3X)
- Support for HDCP 1.4
SL-8800-M3X adapter integrates with the SL-8800 tester to test MHL interface for HDCP 2.2 to test Sink and Source.
SL-8800-M2X adapter integrates with the SL-8800 tester to test HDCP 1X protocol for Sink and Source.
SL-8800-C3 cable is a ‘HDMI to MHL Receptacle’ cable used for MHL 3X and 2X ‘Dongle’ testing only. User must have the M3X or M2X adapter unit(s) in order to test a MHL Dongle.